If you would like to contribute new content, you can clone this wiki to your local host using the following command:
git clone git://git.suckless.org/sites
git clone https://git.suckless.org/sites
Then edit the wiki as you like. The markdown interpreter that is currently used on the suckless.org werc instance is smu.
For adding new files, after you created them, use:
git add $filename
When you are finished, commit your changes with:
git commit -a
There you enter some meaningful commit message and end the editor.
To push your changes to the queue for the review by the suckless moderators, use:
The review of your changes might take one day, due to the different timezones we all live in.
Please make sure to update for incoming changes using »git pull«, before you push changes, to minimize merge problems.
The wiki repository above is world-writable.
- If any abuse happens, we will disable world-writable access. Keep this in mind! We kindly ask you to not destroy the way we like to collaborate with the community.
- Please do not add files bigger than 100kb.
- Please do not add any binary files except screenshots or images related to
our software. You are allowed to add your code patches to the wiki if you do
not have an external web server to serve them to the community. The extension
of patches should be
- The extension of newly created Markdown files has to be
- There are some dialects of Markdown, please don't use too "advanced" features.
A quick way to check what output will be generated on the site is to do:
smu -n < index.md | lynx -stdin
The incoming changes to the wiki are all sent to the wiki@ mailinglist. See community for how to subscribe to this list.
If you are a moderator, you will likely need the following procedure to pull the changes into the main repository:
This script makes sure the changes are pulled in with the correct permissions.
This is for moderators.
To create a new repository just git init --bare and symlink the git hooks (see the hooks/ directory in other projects).